Search

Sections

Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 14, 2012

A lot of things happened this week. Though I know you are looking forward on how my life has been terrible, well, I think it wouldn’t be as bad as it was before.

February 14, 2012- Valentine’s Day Commemorating Couple's Day

The University I am at has a very predictable way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Different organizations, which are obviously in need of money, put up their own business in the main lobby that will help desperate boyfriends, girlfriends, stalkers or even singles to celebrate the occasion. There is a booth where they sell, flowers, balloons, teddy bears and chocolates. There are others who take services like delivering the items you bought to the classroom of the receiver or serenade them with the song you want, disturbing his/her class during that time and so on. I am one of the members of the big group called ‘Singles’ so I have no idea how to celebrate and make a unique experience out of it. So, let me take you to this ‘ordinary day’ by elaborating what happened detailed by detailed.


MORNING:
I still haven’t figured out what to do. So, as hard as I keep it to myself, I shared it to my two closest friends. Let’s just call them friend1 and friend2. Want to know some facts about them? Here are some clue:

Friend1 is a girl, single, seeing no one, has two sisters and spends most of her time (when there is no class) with her best friend. When waiting for someone, her favorite spot is the fountain. It is basically the heart of the campus but I don’t usually stay there since I dislike having architecture and engineering students around.

Friend2 is also a girl, single, seeing no one but someone is courting her (member of the glee club and already a junior), part of the glee club, has a brother who is also part of the glee club, spends most of her free time having sectionals in glee, when not in practice, you can find her in the canteen and some stores outside the campus and she is away, a lot since they are performing everywhere in the city.

Since friend2 might actually receive something from her suitor, friend1 and I decided to send each other something, showing our love as friends.

At exactly 8:30, someone knocked on the door while we we’re having our class. Three guys, one who is holding a camera, one who will play violin and one who will play guitar. According to them, they would serenade a girl, who is obviously in my class. (By the way, the song was Runaway). In the middle of the song, another guy entered the room and went straight to the girl. As the three of us predicted, this guy was the one who is actually having the intention to date my classmate. He was wearing a varsity jacket, all buttons are closed. Without any further notice, he opened his jacket and revealed a shirt having a print, saying “<name of my classmate>, will you be my valentine?” Of course, almost everybody can feel the tenseness in the air, but he wasn’t done yet. He gave a marker to the girl, removed his jacket and turned his back to her. In his shirt, having two boxes labeled yes and no. I don’t want to hold the excitement any longer but in the end, the girl checked yes. So, again, everybody celebrated, seeing the guy succeeded his attempt to have her. (That girl doesn’t have a boyfriend, as far as I know but she is a total magnet to guys. She got another flower delivered within one hour.)

So, I thought, why can’t I give someone a serenade to complete his/her day? First person to come in my mind is my sister.


NOON:
I asked someone to serenade her with a violin and a guitar, too, but this time, there will be a letter which someone should read before playing the song. Though I haven’t made a letter yet, so I asked them if I could just send them the letter after 30 minutes and they agreed.
-30 minutes passed-
I came back but the girl whom I talked too wasn’t there. According to another girl in the counter, the girl I was looking for was having her lunch. So, I asked the girl that I am talking to about the serenading and the letter thing. She gave me her number and said that I should remind her, guessing that she might forget it. So, I did. I came 30 minutes early in my class, still waiting for friend1, since I want her to pick the thing that she wanted for me to buy. I kept waiting until it is just 5 minutes before bell. I texted the girl in the serenade counter if my plan about my sister is, at least, on a roll. After sometime, in short, it didn’t go according to what I want. I even went back to their counter, leaving me five minutes late to my class. According to them, they can’t find my sister. I demanded to at least, get the letter so I can give it to her personally. But then, the next sentence really caused much pain, “I think one of the staffs threw it away. We could not find it anywhere.” Fuck you! I know it was just a letter but I expressed my deepest gratitude through that letter for my sister, since she was the one who has been there for me ever since I was a college student. So, again, for all the staffs of that certain counter, FUCK YOU!

Good news? Well, before going back to a certain class, I managed to buy one balloon for friend1 and a small, pink teddy bear for my sister, which came to her class in time. Thank you for those people who helped me delivered it to her. It really is important to me. <FYI, that bear can located under my bed. I think she didn’t like it.>

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that suitor my friend2 have. So, here it goes.
You all already know that I was late for my noon class. Well, in the middle of that class, someone knocked on the room’s door and asked my professor if they can serenade a certain person in my class. Of course, it was for friend2. Me and friend1 were surprised to see that the suitor, let’s call him Mr. B, is the one who is going to sing, with his assistant, Mr. Guitarist. Honestly, I can’t say that he is handsome since almost all guys who have eyeglasses are hot but when he started to sing (remember, he is part of the university’s glee club), almost all the girls in my class fell in love with him. I swear!
I know this post is already a bit too long so, I am just going to skip ahead.
After singing, he gave her a rose and another flower which is a kind of flower that I haven never seen before and a box of brownies (friend2 told me that she didn’t even taste one because her brother ate them all).
Though at first, I can feel that friend2 doesn’t like him but seeing her reaction after that serenade, it made me bet that she would answer with a word YES in a specific question Mr. B is going to ask in the future.

<The afternoon part of the story? It would be posted next with the title ‘synergy’. Stay tuned!>

No comments:

Post a Comment